Truespoke® Wire Wheel Mounting and Balancing Instructions
Below this information are the instructions that we send to our customers with every set of wheels we sell.
There are a few important things that you should know about mounting and balancing wire wheels:
1) Most wheel and tire shops do not have the experience, equipment or skill to properly mount and balance a wire wheel. It becomes even more difficult for an installer if you also are using a classic white wall type tire or if you need to run an inner-tube. Most tire stores don't do enough of this type of work to have useful experience.
2) An technician with significant experience installing wire wheels and properly balancing them will find that it is quite easy to mount and balance our wire wheels. We tell our customers to find a tire shop where low riders, hot rodders, custom car and custom wheel owners go. Typically, these tire shops are "mom and pop" type tire stores where the tire technician has a gray beard and bald head.
3) Sadly, some of our customers may take their wire wheels to "Big Box" type tire stores. In your larger, high-volume tire store, the tire technician will have little or NO experience with wire wheels. Aggravating things will be that the technician is under pressure to crank-out production and is not willing to spend the time to carefully install your new wheels. This typically will lead to the below problems or more:
A) Your new wire wheels will get scratched, bent or dropped.
B) Your new wire wheels will be made to leak air.
C) Your new wire wheels will be unable to be balanced at all due to the lack of proper equipment or the failure of the installer to obey our instructions.
A sure way to avoid these type of problems is to seriously consider purchasing a wheel and tire package from us. Your new wheels and tires will arrive at your door, ready to bolt-on and enjoy.
Since 1974, we have built the finest direct bolt-on wire wheels that money can buy. Our tech support is always a phone call or email away. Never hesitate to call us with any questions or comments.
For more information, please click on this link.
Many thanks for your business.
Please click on instructions to download your copy
Why buy a wheel and tire package?
▪ Best value: when you add up the cost of purchasing wheels, tires, inner-tubes (if needed), professional mounting and balancing, valve stems, special German no-lead stick-on weights and the value of your time, you cannot beat purchasing your new wheels with tires as a package from us.
▪ Ease of installation: Sadly, there are too few tire shops capable of mounting and properly balancing wire wheels and classic, whitewall tires. Most tire shops do not have proper, modern installation equipment or experience to do the job right. What often occurs is that an inexperienced technician will scratch, dent or drop your wheel, causing harm to it. Worse yet, the installer will cause your wheel to leak air or the installer might not be able to balance your wheel and tire at all! All-the-while, the customer is spending hours watching, waiting and hoping that the installer does the job right and without harming their new wheels and tires.
▪ Great selection: Only we can offer our customer nearly any brand, size and style of whitewall tire on the market. We make sure that you have the right size, quality and price when you select your wheel and tire package.
▪ Safety: More and more states and countries are outlawing or imposing liability for harm caused by tires that are six years old or older. Many owners plan on installing their old tires onto their new wheels, only to find out subsequently that a responsible tire shop will refuse to work on tires over six years old!
▪ Shipping costs: It is less expensive to ship a wheel and tire package than to purchase wheels and tires and have them shipped separately.
▪ Let us explain all the advantages in having your wheels and tires purchased as a package.